03/04/2011

charity shop finds



Some of my favourite things I've picked up over the past couple of weeks.

1. Books with delightful, illustrated covers. The original intention in buying these was to make sketchbooks out of them. However, realistically they will most likely just hang out on shelves and look nice.
2. Ankle length skirt and cropped blouse; both ugly floral. I'm now really loving how disgusting they look paired together. How many people can I offend by wearing this outfit?
3. Pretty, oriental vase. This will be gifted to my mother for mother's day. It cost me £1. Its the thought that counts, right?
4. My new lollipop holder. Not as pretty as my last one which died in a precariously placed cider can incident, but it is still sort of beautiful.

There's something a little bit magical about shopping for second hand items. Like hunting for treasure.

This coming week is supposed to be Easter week off of uni, but my schedule is filling up rather fast. Mostly with pleasant activities, admittedly. But there's a substantial amount of uni work to fit in between the fun periods also. It'll fly by, and soon it will be Summer. Time is scary. I swear it moves at a different pace than it used to.



No comments:

Post a Comment