25/08/2011

no one knows what colours or patterns the dinosaurs were

















Hi internet.
It's been a while.
I haven't missed you as much as I thought I would.
I have found other things to consume my time.

Aside from working full time hours at the cinema I've also been drinking enough to erase many evenings worth of memories from my mind/playing a lot of Solitaire and Minesweeper.

I have around one month left before returning to university for the final (a.k.a. terrifying) year and have begun to get a little panicky about how unprepared I am. When we broke up for summer I remember thinking, "So yeah, I have a very vague idea of what to do, but I'm sure with the 4 months we have off I'll be able to clarify and refine these ideas to a fantastical art-producing standard."

This clarity never arrived.

I've had a particular image floating around in my "Inspire Me" folder on my desktop for a little under two years now. Frustratingly, I saved it with no reference to where it was from or who made it. It increasingly became more and more appealing to me each time I've flicked through the folder over time as my aesthetic style has evolved and refined. Therefore it became increasingly frustrating that I could not track it down and find more of the artist's work.

Tonight, as I found myself in place of internet, I decided to catch up on whats been happening at Booooooom, opening interesting looking artists' websites in new tabs as I scrolled through. I got into the one particular artist whose work really ticked all my cups of street. Like, really. Searched through his image archive a couple of years and BOOM; there appears the exact image that had been haunting my desktop for so long.

I cannot express the sort of gracious awe I felt without getting sort of Biblical, referencing miracles and whatnot. That's really not my style. So I'm just going to post a shitload of photos.

http://www.hollisbrownthornton.com/index.htm


1 comment:

  1. i love the last photo you posted.

    i understand your anxiety. try your best, and i know this is cliche, but really, just trust. :)

    ReplyDelete