01/02/2010

Books I have purchased with the intention of reading but actually never got round to reading or started reading but gave up halfway through.

Otherwise termed as ;

List of Books I Shall Endeavour to Read in the Near Future

Naive. Super - Erlend Roe

OK, so technically I am cheating because I am currently reading this but considering my terrible track record an easy start is a good idea. Yes? Tick.

Everything is Illuminated - Jonathan Safran Foer

Purchased on a whim while waiting for my bus on a snowy day last year. The cover looked nice.

Love in the Time of Cholera - Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Because this seems to be one of those books you just have to read.

Farewell Waltz - Milan Kundera

I like Milan Kundera. He often joins me on trains. Or planes. Or he entertains me while I'm waiting for trains. Or planes. I have not had a travelling situation yet to bring this one to however.

No one belongs here more than you. - Miranda July

Because this woman is glorious. She created this glorious website, and directed this glorious film. If she were a bearded man in her early twenties she would probably be my desktop background.

Don't tell me the truth about Love - Dan Rhodes

Whats this? A book of short stories sandwiched between two other books of short stories!? What a delightful concoction. So delightful, in fact, I may just gobble it up right now. Yum yum yum.

Johnny Panic and the Bible of Dreams - Sylvia Plath

Purchased as a highly introspective, diary-writing 14 year old girl who claims The Bell Jar changed her life.

Running with Scissors - Augusten Burroughs

I purchased Possible Side Effects one day because it was exceptionally green. Low and behold, it was also exceptionally readable. Thus, I decided it would only be right to purchase its bestselling companion.

The Trick is to Keep Breathing - Janice Galloway

I accidentally stole this book from my old school's library. What I have managed to read of it was pretty intense. Was picked up by that highly introspective, diary-writing 14 year old girl we met earlier.

To See Every Bird on Earth - Dan Koeppel

Another accidental, school-time thievery. It has a really pretty cover. And a very endearing story.

No comments:

Post a Comment