18/02/2010


I, Sir Emmalot, hereby pledge from this day until the 17th day of May to refrain from purchasing new items of clothing.
My reasons for doing such are as follows;
  1. I have a heck-load of clothes. A heck-load of clothes whom I claim not to like. These clothes spend their precious little lives hidden at the bottom of wardrobes or drawers. They are constantly overlooked in favour of prettier clothings. I vow to go forth and show these clothes the loving they deserve!
  2. I am rather horrendously in debt. Yet despite this, I seem to spend an average of £100-£200 a month on said clothing items who casually sit on top of uglier (albeit very wearable) other items of clothing. My simple calculations tell me that by refraining from new purchases I will soon see the light at the other end of my overdraft.
  3. I don't know my clothes very well. I don't know which items are true staples in my wardrobe. By doing this exercise I will hopefully be able to downsize my wardrobe to what is really needed. And then It will be much easier to get dressed in the morning.
  4. There rarely comes a day when I can see my room below the various mountains of clothing it possesses.

My only exceptions from the plan are as follows;

  1. I may purchase clothing only from money I have made by selling old clothes on ebay.
  2. I can sew up anything I like, so long as I do not spend money on materials.
  3. I will allow myself one emergency purchase. Think of it as my "Get out of jail free" card. For example, someone may decide to invite me to a purple pajama party. If this occurs I will not want to miss out on such a valuable social affair and will use my emergency purchase card to purchase said purple pajamas.

Ok?

Lets see how it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment